|Whether you’re starting small while you save up for a larger renovation or just want to make a few quick changes before putting your house on the market, there are appealing home improvements that don’t break the bank. Here are five ways you can take your home’s appearance up a notch.
- Paint: An inexpensive can of paint can work wonders around the house. Select a hue to brighten up the front door, freshen up a dull room or turn a particular wall into a standout design element. You can even breathe new life into your kitchen without shelling out the cash for a pricey remodel by repainting the cabinets.
- Lighting: Replacing a light fixture with a do-it-yourself alternative can instantly change the character of a room. While you’re at it, swap out the covers on electrical outlets and switch plates with new ones that match the decor.
- Kitchen and bath updates: Installing new sink faucets and choosing to coordinate cabinet hardware can modernize the look of bathrooms and kitchens.
- Window treatments: Spruce up a room and reduce heat loss or gain in your home by replacing outdated mini blinds and drapery with curtains or shades that complement the decor and color palette.
- Efficiency upgrades: Many of today’s homeowners are opting for smart thermostats over traditional manual models and trading incandescent light bulbs with LEDs. Both of these changes can also help bring utility costs down.
These five projects are just a few ways homeowners can update a home quickly, easily and with a minor investment.
For ref: How to plan your DIY home renovation to ensure you don’t go over budget: